I suggest you ...

User Profile Information is very important for internal forms

There needs to be an easy way to populate a form with associated user profile information. So having the submitters department, phone #, and email auto-populated for example.

Or being able to populate the user profile information for people selected in a people picker field.

Although both possible in InfoPath, it was very complicated and hard to teach to all the form builders in our organization.

595 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nick Hurst shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Harout commented  · 

Unbelievable! After these many years this is finally a feature request?
        If you want to see this in action check out https://emgage.com/turbo

• Anonymous commented  · 

also need to be able to set defualt as current ID accessing the form

• Anonymous commented  · 

form tool is no good if you don't have a people picker and be able to direct it to different profile set example sp profile service exchange contacts or a sp cotact list or hey how about and excel file

• Anonymous commented  · 

Should keep views that were popular in InfoPath for internal list forms., i.e. allow views to be switched on logic/rules just like InfoPath. So you can have submitter view, manager view etc.
        Agree with others, form should be able to tap into SP profile service and also connect to other lists and SQL backend. All browser based

• Fredrik Coulter commented  · 

While the people picker widget is an interesting idea, it still appears as if you have to pick yourself from the list rather than having the information automatically inserted.

I'd like both capabilities.

Jose, the idea would be that when you open the (properly designed) expense report form, it would automatically fill in your name and department, taken from Active Directory. Then, when you click on a submit button, the workflow would know based on your Department who to send the form to.

Let the computer do the stupid stuff.

This is similar to another suggestion about being able to easily access the standard SharePoint list fields of created by, modified by, etc. Basically, all standard Active Directory and SharePoint information should be easily accessed without knowing the underlying strata.

I voted for that one, but I'd vote for this one, too.

• Jennifer Ann Mason commented  · 

Agreed. This information is so important and expected by most users. They don't want to have to fill out any personal data that is already stored for them. They instead expect it to just populate automatically. The easier this can be for both the user filling out the form and the person creating the form the better!

Feedback and Knowledge Base