I suggest you ...

Modern Pages - Too Big Header

New modern pages are great, but the header where the page title shows is very large and adds lots of space to the top of a page with no content.

358 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sally shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nathalie Desrosiers commented  · 

Moder page is the only way for Power BI integration. However, with this big default header, it is NOT well designed.

• Peg Tag commented  · 

We want to move to modern experience. However, users overwhelmingly prefer more information packed on the page, especially the home page.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Modern pages are currently the only pages where you can embed a Power BI (preview) dashboard webpart. This giant gap at the top makes it difficult to fit your entire Power BI dashboard above the fold when the page loads.

• Anonymous commented  · 

i'm not agains it, i want a way to customize it or remove it
        introduce a "global" and independant header
        global header will be applied to all headers in the site , individual headers.

just an empty space with a big "NOTHING" VALUE becomes a "annoying" value

• Adrienne Kidd commented  · 

Agreed. This is terrible! And is stopping us from moving to Modern Pages. And beyond that, my users don't weant to move to Modern Libraries before they can move to Modern everything. We want to roll out the changes consistently. Such a small design choice making huge issues.

• Anonymous commented  · 

"It's the number one thing out users complain about", and is impeding adoption of Modern pages.

• Andrew commented  · 

Its terrible. The word modern should also include modern options to customize :). The web parts (Power BI for example) cannot be enlarged which does not showcase the Power BI product very well when trying to display a report on digital signage.

• Richard Brooks commented  · 

Yeah, it's just plain dog ugly. Please let us change the size, and add a background image.

• Julie Sanders commented  · 

Yes! Every custom I recommend this to say, "can you make is smaller?" And the second question is, "can we change the image?" Please add this feature soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base